Sonia, Rahul to start campaign in Bihar next week: Congress
Patna: Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi will begin their Lok Sabha election campaign in Bihar from Sasaram and Aurangabad constituencies next week.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar is Congress candidate from Sasaram constituency while former Delhi Police Commissioner Nikhil Kumar, who resigned as Kerala Governor, is in the fray from Aurangabad seat.
"Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee President Ashok Kumar Chaudhary has gone to Delhi to finalise their programme next week. Our election campaign committee will also hold a meeting on this," party`s state vice president Premchand Mishra told reporters here.
Alleging that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has pitted weak candidates against BJP in several constituencies, he said Kumar should clarify that he would not team-up with BJP after the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state