Sonia, Rahul to start campaign in Bihar next week: Congress
Patna: Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi will begin their Lok Sabha election campaign in Bihar from Sasaram and Aurangabad constituencies next week.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar is Congress candidate from Sasaram constituency while former Delhi Police Commissioner Nikhil Kumar, who resigned as Kerala Governor, is in the fray from Aurangabad seat.
"Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee President Ashok Kumar Chaudhary has gone to Delhi to finalise their programme next week. Our election campaign committee will also hold a meeting on this," party`s state vice president Premchand Mishra told reporters here.
Alleging that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has pitted weak candidates against BJP in several constituencies, he said Kumar should clarify that he would not team-up with BJP after the Lok Sabha elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'