`Sonrise` lands parties in piquant situation in Bihar
New Delhi: Political parties in poll-bound Bihar have been hit by `son-stroke`.
The ruling BJP`s state chief CP Thakur resigned from the post after his son Vivek Thakur was denied ticket, plunging the party into a sort of crisis just ahead of the assembly
Similar is the case with the opposition RJD. Sudhakar Singh, son of RJD MP Jagdanand Singh, is contesting from Ramgarh on rival BJP ticket, causing embarrassment to the
JD(U) MP Purnamasi Ram`s son Vijay Kumar Ram is contesting from Harsidhi seat in East Champaran district on a Congress ticket.
Another JD(U) MP from Muzaffarpur Captain Jai Narain Nishad, who slammed the leadership for refusing his request for giving a ticket to his son, is reportedly cosying up to the Congress.
While the `sonrise` has landed these parties in a piquant situation, for others it is way to keep their senior leaders in good humour.
The ruling JD(U) has rewarded Sarfaraj Alam, son of controversial party leader and former Union minister Md Taslimuddin with a party ticket from Jokihat in Araria
district replacing sitting party MLA Manzar Alam. Taslimuddin once used to be the right hand man of RJD chief Lalu Prasad.
Slain CPI(M) MLA from Purnia Ajit Sarkar`s son Amit Kumar Sarkar, who was working in IT industry in Australia, has come back to India to claim his father`s legacy and is contesting from the seat.
JD(U) leader and state Food Minister Narendra Singh`s son Ajay Pratap Singh has also been fielded from Jamui on the party ticket.
Sanjay Kumar, son of Hajipur JD(U) MP and former chief minister Ramsunder Das is contesting from Rajapakar seat in Vaishali district while Rahul Sharma, son of Jehanabad Lok Sabha member Jagdish Sharma, has been fielded from Ghoshi in Jehanabad district.
In the last election, Jagdish Sharma`s wife had contested the seat as an independent and won after which Sharma had to face disciplinary action from the party.
The RJD too has fielded Firaj Fatmi, son of senior RJD leader and former Union Minister MAA Fatmi, and Rana Randhir, son of former minister in the Rabri Devi cabinet Sitaram Singh, from Keoti and Madhuban assembly constituencies respectively.
Former union minister Raghunath Jha`s son Ajit Kumar Jha is the party`s candidate from Sheohar.
The Congress, which is contesting all the 243 assembly seats in the state has also joined the `sonrise` wave in the state.
Former union minister Usha Sinha`s son Anunnaya Kumar Singh is Congress candidate from Paroo. The party has also fielded RJD MP and former Union Minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh`s brother Raghupati Prasad Singh from Manhar assembly segment.
Elections to the 243-member assembly will be held from October 21 to November 20 and the results will be known on November 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic