Special budget provisions for Chhath festival from 2010
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today said he would make special provisions in the
financial calendar for the Chhath festival--a festival to
offer obeisance to Sun God, in Bihar, from next year.
Kumar, who reviewed the preparations for the festival on
October 24 and October 25 in Bihar, said a separate
calendars for preparations of the festival would be effective
from 2010 and special budgetary allocations would be ensured
to the state Urban Development department for the purpose.
The meeting was attended, among others by, deputy Chief
Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and Health Minister Nand Kishore
Kumar took stock of the progress of constructions of
ghats on the banks of river Ganga in Patna, roads leading to
the ghats, cleanliness, lighting arrangements and other
related preparations for the festival.
Large number of worshipers were expected to come to the
ghats for offering prayers on the occasion, he said.
Cautioning the officials against any laxity on their
(officials) part in connection with the preparations, he said
the ghats must be spruced up and ready much before the
festival. He asked the officials to inspect each ghat
personally right from the eastern end of Patna to Digha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested