Special category status: Congress flays Nitish Kumar
Patna: Criticising Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for slamming Congress on special category status issue, the party on Thursday said the matter was under consideration of the Centre and Planning Commission.
"The Congress-led Centre has neither taken back the Raghuram Rajan committee report nor rejected it...The fact is that the Centre and the Planning Commission are yet to ponder over the report," Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement here.
Describing Kumar`s statement of Centre`s apathy on the issue as "baseless and humourous", the PCC chief said that it seemed the Chief Minister was trying to make it an issue for 2014 elections.
Chaudhary also criticised Kumar for deriding Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and said the Chief Minister "used to stand with Ramesh for photograph and sometimes go together for boating, but no sooner the Union minister drew attention towards slips in efficiency in the state Rural Development Department, Kumar has been pinched hard."
Kumar yesterday flayed Ramesh for issuing press statements on the functioning of
state government departments from Congress headquarters here.
Chaudhary said the same Chief Minister had dropped Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the doors of state Congress headquarters and was now taking objection if a letter was sent from the same place on shortcomings in the working of some departments.
He said that it appeared that Kumar was not able to digest the growing popularity of the party in Bihar and for that he was attacking Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'