Special courts in Bihar to deal with graft cases
Patna: Bihar government is considering setting up dedicated special courts for expeditious disposal of corruption cases to bring tainted public servants to book.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav told the legislative assembly that the decision on setting up the special courts would be taken soon.
Replying to a starred question by the JD(U) MLA Jai Kumar Singh, Yadav said the need for constitution of the special courts for handling corruption cases was felt in view of the fact that judges of district courts have to carry out other judicial works and hear various other cases.
He said so far 10 special courts have been set up in Patna, Muzaffarpur and Bhagalpur for trial of corruption cases only and steps were being taken to dispose such cases expeditiously and bring to justice `tainted` public servants.
He informed the house that a total 561 government employees had been arrested on corruption charges between 1990 and 2012 and 122 of them have been convicted in courts.
The vigilance department had lodged 1121 cases of corruption between 1990 and 2010 and an additional 46 related cases were transferred to it from districts for investigation in the same period. So far 55 cases have been disposed by the courts and 94 persons handed out sentences, he said.
In addition, the vigilance department has lodged six cases of corruption between 2007 and 2010 and were now in different stages of investigation, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues