Special drive against criminals to be intensified: DGP
Gaya: With the panchayat polls in Bihar
slated to begin on April 20, a special drive would be launched
to apprehend anti-socials and criminals especially from the
interstate borders with Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh, state
Director General of Police Neelmani on Saturday said.
Neelmani, who reveiwed police preparations for the
10-phased poll during the day, said the drive would ensure
The DGP said he had discussions with his counterparts in
the two neighbouring states and had been assured of their
A total 16,103 criminals and anti-social elements
have already been arrested from the state and 226 weapons
seized from them ahead of the polls.
Besides, the police was fully geared to ensure
successful conduct of the panchayat polls. "We have decided to
ensure static deployment of armed police personnel in the
naxal-hit areas and other places wherever it will be
necessary," he said.
The polling centres in those areas would also have CRPF
and state armed police coverage.
Neelmani said regular meetings were being held by top
police and civil officials and directions have been issued to
district collectors and special superintendents of
police/superintendents of police to ensure law and order.
Today`s meeting was attended among others by Magadh
Division Commissioner Vivek Singh, IG (Patna Zone) Bhrigu
Srivasan, Additional Director General (Special Branch)
Amrit Singh Nimbran, IG (Operation) K S Dwivedi and IG
(Provision) Ravindra Kumar, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!