Special hearings in Beur jail
Patna: Special courts today heard around 40
cases inside high security Beur jail on Republic day in a
novel move to set free prisoners involved in petty crime.
Judges from civil court including District Judge Patna
Hemant Kumar Srivastava, Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh
and other judicial magistrate went to Beur jail this morning
and held hearings the whole day.
The judges heard around 40 cases and pronounced there
judgement on the spot, Beur Jail Jailer D D Mitra said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list