Special hearings in Beur jail
Patna: Special courts today heard around 40
cases inside high security Beur jail on Republic day in a
novel move to set free prisoners involved in petty crime.
Judges from civil court including District Judge Patna
Hemant Kumar Srivastava, Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh
and other judicial magistrate went to Beur jail this morning
and held hearings the whole day.
The judges heard around 40 cases and pronounced there
judgement on the spot, Beur Jail Jailer D D Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!