Special hearings in Beur jail
Patna: Special courts today heard around 40
cases inside high security Beur jail on Republic day in a
novel move to set free prisoners involved in petty crime.
Judges from civil court including District Judge Patna
Hemant Kumar Srivastava, Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh
and other judicial magistrate went to Beur jail this morning
and held hearings the whole day.
The judges heard around 40 cases and pronounced there
judgement on the spot, Beur Jail Jailer D D Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur