Special hearings in Beur jail
Patna: Special courts today heard around 40
cases inside high security Beur jail on Republic day in a
novel move to set free prisoners involved in petty crime.
Judges from civil court including District Judge Patna
Hemant Kumar Srivastava, Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh
and other judicial magistrate went to Beur jail this morning
and held hearings the whole day.
The judges heard around 40 cases and pronounced there
judgement on the spot, Beur Jail Jailer D D Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed