Special Juvenile Police Unit in Bihar
Patna: Bihar Government has constituted Special Juvenile Police Unit (SJPU) in all 38 districts of the state, official sources said.
The SJPU was a unique venture between Crime Investigation Department (CID), Bihar Police, UNICEF and Department of Social Welfare, the sources said.
The state government had designated at least one police officer from every police station in the district as the Juvenile or the Child Welfare Officer.
The Superintendent of Police in every district shall head the SJPU and oversee its functioning, sources said.
The CID and Bihar Police have been appointed the nodal agency for overseeing the SJPU functioning in the state, they said.
The system would come in handy for ensuring protection of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers