Special Juvenile Police Unit in Bihar
Patna: Bihar Government has constituted Special Juvenile Police Unit (SJPU) in all 38 districts of the state, official sources said.
The SJPU was a unique venture between Crime Investigation Department (CID), Bihar Police, UNICEF and Department of Social Welfare, the sources said.
The state government had designated at least one police officer from every police station in the district as the Juvenile or the Child Welfare Officer.
The Superintendent of Police in every district shall head the SJPU and oversee its functioning, sources said.
The CID and Bihar Police have been appointed the nodal agency for overseeing the SJPU functioning in the state, they said.
The system would come in handy for ensuring protection of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?