Special Juvenile Police Unit in Bihar
Patna: Bihar Government has constituted Special Juvenile Police Unit (SJPU) in all 38 districts of the state, official sources said.
The SJPU was a unique venture between Crime Investigation Department (CID), Bihar Police, UNICEF and Department of Social Welfare, the sources said.
The state government had designated at least one police officer from every police station in the district as the Juvenile or the Child Welfare Officer.
The Superintendent of Police in every district shall head the SJPU and oversee its functioning, sources said.
The CID and Bihar Police have been appointed the nodal agency for overseeing the SJPU functioning in the state, they said.
The system would come in handy for ensuring protection of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round