Special status to Bihar: Congress flays Nitish Kumar
Patna: Criticising Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for slamming Congress on special category status issue, the party on Thursday said the matter was under consideration of the Centre and Planning Commission.
"The Congress-led Centre has neither taken back the Raghuram Rajan committee report nor rejected it...The fact is that the Centre and the Planning Commission are yet to ponder over the report," Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement here.
Describing Kumar`s statement of Centre`s apathy on the issue as "baseless and humourous", the PCC chief said that it seemed the Chief Minister was trying to make it an issue for 2014 elections.
Chaudhary also criticised Kumar for deriding Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and said the Chief Minister "used to stand with Ramesh for photograph and sometimes go together for boating, but no sooner the Union minister drew attention towards slips in efficiency in the state Rural Development Department, Kumar has been pinched hard."
Kumar yesterday flayed Ramesh for issuing press statements on the functioning of state government departments from Congress headquarters here.
Chaudhary said the same Chief Minister had dropped Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the doors of state Congress headquarters and was now taking objection if a letter was sent from the same place on shortcomings in the working of some departments.
He said that it appeared that Kumar was not able to digest the growing popularity of the party in Bihar and for that he was attacking Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!