Special status to Bihar: Congress flays Nitish Kumar
Patna: Criticising Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for slamming Congress on special category status issue, the party on Thursday said the matter was under consideration of the Centre and Planning Commission.
"The Congress-led Centre has neither taken back the Raghuram Rajan committee report nor rejected it...The fact is that the Centre and the Planning Commission are yet to ponder over the report," Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement here.
Describing Kumar`s statement of Centre`s apathy on the issue as "baseless and humourous", the PCC chief said that it seemed the Chief Minister was trying to make it an issue for 2014 elections.
Chaudhary also criticised Kumar for deriding Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and said the Chief Minister "used to stand with Ramesh for photograph and sometimes go together for boating, but no sooner the Union minister drew attention towards slips in efficiency in the state Rural Development Department, Kumar has been pinched hard."
Kumar yesterday flayed Ramesh for issuing press statements on the functioning of state government departments from Congress headquarters here.
Chaudhary said the same Chief Minister had dropped Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the doors of state Congress headquarters and was now taking objection if a letter was sent from the same place on shortcomings in the working of some departments.
He said that it appeared that Kumar was not able to digest the growing popularity of the party in Bihar and for that he was attacking Congress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram