Special status will boost private investment in Bihar: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar defended on Thursday his repeated demand for special status to the state saying it (the status) will boost private investment in a big way to accelerate its industrial development.
"I am pushing for grant of special status to Bihar only to bring private investment in a big way to expedite industrialisation process for generation of employment opportunities," he said in a function at Pataliputra industrial area after inaugurating a diamond cutting unit, the first of its kind in the state.
The special status brings with it tax concessions and the investors pumping their money in industrial units in Bihar will benefit from the incentives if the Centre grants his demand, the chief minister said.
Claiming that the law and order situation in the state has improved, he said the present was as good as it gets for investors, who should take advantage of the positive atmosphere and make investments in Bihar.
"If any investor has doubt about the law and order situation in Bihar, then such an investor should confirm it with the director general of police before taking the decision," Kumar said.
In an indirect jibe at his arch-rival RJD chief Lalu Prasad, he said the diamond unit was an answer to those who criticise the Bihar government for not setting up a unit to manufacture even needles.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and several ministers and top officials were present at the inauguration of the diamond unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- OP Jaisha-AFI row: Marathon runner said no to personalised refreshment, clarifies coach Nikolai Snesarev
- Turkish troops to stay until Syrian army regains control