Special status will boost private investment in Bihar: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar defended on Thursday his repeated demand for special status to the state saying it (the status) will boost private investment in a big way to accelerate its industrial development.
"I am pushing for grant of special status to Bihar only to bring private investment in a big way to expedite industrialisation process for generation of employment opportunities," he said in a function at Pataliputra industrial area after inaugurating a diamond cutting unit, the first of its kind in the state.
The special status brings with it tax concessions and the investors pumping their money in industrial units in Bihar will benefit from the incentives if the Centre grants his demand, the chief minister said.
Claiming that the law and order situation in the state has improved, he said the present was as good as it gets for investors, who should take advantage of the positive atmosphere and make investments in Bihar.
"If any investor has doubt about the law and order situation in Bihar, then such an investor should confirm it with the director general of police before taking the decision," Kumar said.
In an indirect jibe at his arch-rival RJD chief Lalu Prasad, he said the diamond unit was an answer to those who criticise the Bihar government for not setting up a unit to manufacture even needles.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and several ministers and top officials were present at the inauguration of the diamond unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you