Speeding car kills five women in Patna
Patna: A speeding car crushed five women to death and seriously injured one other person in Bihar`s capital early Monday, police said.
"Five women were crushed to death as a speeding car hit them," Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj told IANS.
The incident occurred near Azimchak under Gaurichak police station here.
"All the victims were identified as residents of Jehanabad district," police said.
Hundreds of people, angered by the incident, gathered on the Gaya-Masaurih Highway in protest, blocking the road and demanding action against the owner of the car.
Witnesses said the two people in the car parked the car at the side of the road and fled. Police have seized the car and begun investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'