Speeding car kills five women in Patna
Patna: A speeding car crushed five women to death and seriously injured one other person in Bihar`s capital early Monday, police said.
"Five women were crushed to death as a speeding car hit them," Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj told IANS.
The incident occurred near Azimchak under Gaurichak police station here.
"All the victims were identified as residents of Jehanabad district," police said.
Hundreds of people, angered by the incident, gathered on the Gaya-Masaurih Highway in protest, blocking the road and demanding action against the owner of the car.
Witnesses said the two people in the car parked the car at the side of the road and fled. Police have seized the car and begun investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it