Speeding car kills five women in Patna
Patna: A speeding car crushed five women to death and seriously injured one other person in Bihar`s capital early Monday, police said.
"Five women were crushed to death as a speeding car hit them," Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj told IANS.
The incident occurred near Azimchak under Gaurichak police station here.
"All the victims were identified as residents of Jehanabad district," police said.
Hundreds of people, angered by the incident, gathered on the Gaya-Masaurih Highway in protest, blocking the road and demanding action against the owner of the car.
Witnesses said the two people in the car parked the car at the side of the road and fled. Police have seized the car and begun investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you