Spurious liquor claims five lives in Bihar
Patna: Five men died in Bihar`s Jehanabad district after consuming spurious liquor, police said Wednesday.
"Four people died late Tuesday and one person died Wednesday morning after they were admitted to a private clinic in critical condition. All of them were residents of Tetariya village," a police official said.
After drinking spurious liquor, they complained of stomach pain and started vomiting, the official said, adding that no one has so far been arrested.
"At least five more people are critical and battling for life," the official said.
The men purchased the liquor from a shop selling country liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city