Spurious liquor claims five lives in Bihar
Patna: Five men died in Bihar`s Jehanabad district after consuming spurious liquor, police said Wednesday.
"Four people died late Tuesday and one person died Wednesday morning after they were admitted to a private clinic in critical condition. All of them were residents of Tetariya village," a police official said.
After drinking spurious liquor, they complained of stomach pain and started vomiting, the official said, adding that no one has so far been arrested.
"At least five more people are critical and battling for life," the official said.
The men purchased the liquor from a shop selling country liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project