Spurious liquor claims five lives in Bihar
Patna: Five men died in Bihar`s Jehanabad district after consuming spurious liquor, police said Wednesday.
"Four people died late Tuesday and one person died Wednesday morning after they were admitted to a private clinic in critical condition. All of them were residents of Tetariya village," a police official said.
After drinking spurious liquor, they complained of stomach pain and started vomiting, the official said, adding that no one has so far been arrested.
"At least five more people are critical and battling for life," the official said.
The men purchased the liquor from a shop selling country liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aryan Khan looks so Bollywood ready! Are filmmakers listening?
- Union Cabinet reshuffle? PM Modi seeks 'self appraisal' report from NDA govt ministers
- Rio Olympics: IOC denies wild card entry to Mary Kom for quadrennial event
- Hall of Shame: SBI says no law broken in funding cluster bomb maker
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Case filed in UP court