Spurious liquor claims five lives in Bihar
Patna: Five men died in Bihar`s Jehanabad district after consuming spurious liquor, police said Wednesday.
"Four people died late Tuesday and one person died Wednesday morning after they were admitted to a private clinic in critical condition. All of them were residents of Tetariya village," a police official said.
After drinking spurious liquor, they complained of stomach pain and started vomiting, the official said, adding that no one has so far been arrested.
"At least five more people are critical and battling for life," the official said.
The men purchased the liquor from a shop selling country liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why