Spurious liquor claims five lives in Bihar
Patna: Five men died in Bihar`s Jehanabad district after consuming spurious liquor, police said Wednesday.
"Four people died late Tuesday and one person died Wednesday morning after they were admitted to a private clinic in critical condition. All of them were residents of Tetariya village," a police official said.
After drinking spurious liquor, they complained of stomach pain and started vomiting, the official said, adding that no one has so far been arrested.
"At least five more people are critical and battling for life," the official said.
The men purchased the liquor from a shop selling country liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical