Squalls claim three, several injured in Bihar
Kishanganj/Saharsa: Three persons, including
two children, were killed and dozens others injured when
squalls lashed vast rural areas in Bihar`s Kishanganj, Supaul,
Saharsa and Madhepura districts on Wednesday, official sources said.
Darkness enveloped most parts of the districts this
afternoon with squalls lashing the area, affecting vast
population in several panchayats in these districts, sources
A Kishanganj report quoting official sources said two
children Shahnawaz Alam (8) and Rameja Khatun (6) were
killed and about a dozen others injured in thunderstorms which
badly devastated Belwa, Halamala, Panisal and Gachpara
panchayats under Kishanganj block, they said.
The injured were being treated at hospitals at
Kishanganj and Belwa.
Maheshwari Yadav (55) was killed at Sahugarh panchayat
under Madhepura police station in Madhepura district following
the squall which destroyed several thatched houses in Ghailar
and Madhepura Sada blocks in the district, the sources said.
20 to 25 per cent standing crops were destroyed in
Nawatta and Satar Kataiya blocks in neighbouring Saharsa
district, they said, adding the officials estimated loss of
properties worth Rs five crore.
According to a Supaul report, angry locals blocked
National Highway at Pipra demanding adequate compensation to
the farmers for the destruction of their standing crops in the
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday