Sri Lankan President to visit Bodh Gaya
Patna: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa will visit Bodh Gaya in Bihar February 8 to pray at the site where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, an official said on Saturday.
The President will also meet Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"Rajapaksa will visit Bodh Gaya to offer prayers at the Mahabodhi temple for peace and development of his country," an official said here.
Thousands of Sri Lankans visit Bodh Gaya annually.
Bodh Gaya`s 1,500-year-old Mahabodhi Temple is considered Buddhism`s holiest shrine. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you