Sri Lankan President to visit Bodh Gaya
Patna: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa will visit Bodh Gaya in Bihar February 8 to pray at the site where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, an official said on Saturday.
The President will also meet Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"Rajapaksa will visit Bodh Gaya to offer prayers at the Mahabodhi temple for peace and development of his country," an official said here.
Thousands of Sri Lankans visit Bodh Gaya annually.
Bodh Gaya`s 1,500-year-old Mahabodhi Temple is considered Buddhism`s holiest shrine. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai