Sri Lankan President to visit Bodh Gaya
Patna: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa will visit Bodh Gaya in Bihar February 8 to pray at the site where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, an official said on Saturday.
The President will also meet Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"Rajapaksa will visit Bodh Gaya to offer prayers at the Mahabodhi temple for peace and development of his country," an official said here.
Thousands of Sri Lankans visit Bodh Gaya annually.
Bodh Gaya`s 1,500-year-old Mahabodhi Temple is considered Buddhism`s holiest shrine. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach