Sri Lankan President to visit Bodh Gaya
Patna: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa will visit Bodh Gaya in Bihar February 8 to pray at the site where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, an official said on Saturday.
The President will also meet Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"Rajapaksa will visit Bodh Gaya to offer prayers at the Mahabodhi temple for peace and development of his country," an official said here.
Thousands of Sri Lankans visit Bodh Gaya annually.
Bodh Gaya`s 1,500-year-old Mahabodhi Temple is considered Buddhism`s holiest shrine. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security