SSB jawan found hanging from tree in Araria
Araria: A Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) jawan today allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in the forces 24th battalion campus in Bihar`s Araria district, a police officer said.
The SSB jawan, identified as Gambhir Singh Gurjar (20), was found hanging from a tree near the Durga temple in the battalion campus, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Vikar Kumar said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said, adding that a case of unnatural death has been registered at the Bathnaha police station.
The deceased SSB jawan, a native of Dayalsapur village of Madhya Pradesh`s Morena district, took the extreme step apparently due to stress, the SDPO said.
Gurjar had joined service as an SSB jawan with the 24th battalion only last month, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre