SSB jawan found hanging from tree in Araria
Araria: A Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) jawan today allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in the forces 24th battalion campus in Bihar`s Araria district, a police officer said.
The SSB jawan, identified as Gambhir Singh Gurjar (20), was found hanging from a tree near the Durga temple in the battalion campus, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Vikar Kumar said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said, adding that a case of unnatural death has been registered at the Bathnaha police station.
The deceased SSB jawan, a native of Dayalsapur village of Madhya Pradesh`s Morena district, took the extreme step apparently due to stress, the SDPO said.
Gurjar had joined service as an SSB jawan with the 24th battalion only last month, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Tokyo prepares for 2020 Olympics, facing rising costs and new sports
- In Pakistan's interest to take action against terrorists: Pentagon
- REVEALED: 'Be progressive, not obstructionist' - Here's why Supreme Court slammed Arvind Kejriwal government
- Prakash Javadekar rewrites history! Watch video to know what he said about Netaji, Nehru and Patel
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP state core group workshop