SSB jawan found hanging from tree in Araria
Araria: A Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) jawan today allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in the forces 24th battalion campus in Bihar`s Araria district, a police officer said.
The SSB jawan, identified as Gambhir Singh Gurjar (20), was found hanging from a tree near the Durga temple in the battalion campus, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Vikar Kumar said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said, adding that a case of unnatural death has been registered at the Bathnaha police station.
The deceased SSB jawan, a native of Dayalsapur village of Madhya Pradesh`s Morena district, took the extreme step apparently due to stress, the SDPO said.
Gurjar had joined service as an SSB jawan with the 24th battalion only last month, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra