SSB jawans ransack shops and assault people in Bihar
Madhubani (Bihar): A group of jawans of the
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) have allegedly ransacked several
shops, vandalised the vehicle of a local MLA and assaulted
some civilians sparking widespread protests by the people here
Police said the jawans went on the rampage after some of
their colleagues were attacked and injured by a group of
drunken youths following an altercation with them last night.
As the news of the "unruly" behaviour of the SSB jawans
spread, angry locals enforced closure of shops and markets and
blocked roads in the town this morning.
They also jammed the railway tracks at Rajnagar railway
station disrupting movement of Gangasagar Express and Janaki
Express for several hours, police said.
The agitation was called off after the district
authorities assured them of taking legal action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...