State Govt responsible for Khagaria carnage: RJD
Patna: The Opposition RJD today accused the
Nitish Kumar government of "being responsible" for the carnage
in which 16 people, mostly teenagers, were killed at Amosi
Bharen village in Bihar`s Khagaria district on Thursday night.
"The state government is responsible for the carnage,"
RJD vice-president and MP Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, who headed
a fact-finding committee of the RJD that toured the area
yesterday, told reporters here.
"Had the state administration been alert, the carnage
could have been avoided," Singh said.
The RJD leader said his party would stage a sit-in here
to protest against the carnage and the the recent boat capsize
incident in the same district in which 61 people were drowned.
RJD to launch stir against Nitish
Charging Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
with "utter failure on all fronts", RJD today said it would
launch a year-long agitation from October 12, on the birth
anniversary of veteran socialist Ram Manohar Lohia, seeking
people`s support for ouster of the NDA government.
"Kumar has virtually been utter failure on all fronts
evident from the anarchy and chaos gripping the state," RJD
national vice president Raghuvansh Prasad Singh told reporters
Singh said the agitation would continue till October 12
next year when the elections to the state assembly is due, to
highlight the failures of the state government and seek
people`s support to throw out the NDA government.
"The government`s apathy towards the implementation of
the NREGA, crop insurance schemes for farmers, national
agriculture development project, food security mission,
reining in skyrocketing prices of essential commodities and
tackling drought will be highlighted during the agitation,"
the former Union minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!