State Govt responsible for Khagaria carnage: RJD
Patna: The Opposition RJD today accused the
Nitish Kumar government of "being responsible" for the carnage
in which 16 people, mostly teenagers, were killed at Amosi
Bharen village in Bihar`s Khagaria district on Thursday night.
"The state government is responsible for the carnage,"
RJD vice-president and MP Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, who headed
a fact-finding committee of the RJD that toured the area
yesterday, told reporters here.
"Had the state administration been alert, the carnage
could have been avoided," Singh said.
The RJD leader said his party would stage a sit-in here
to protest against the carnage and the the recent boat capsize
incident in the same district in which 61 people were drowned.
RJD to launch stir against Nitish
Charging Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
with "utter failure on all fronts", RJD today said it would
launch a year-long agitation from October 12, on the birth
anniversary of veteran socialist Ram Manohar Lohia, seeking
people`s support for ouster of the NDA government.
"Kumar has virtually been utter failure on all fronts
evident from the anarchy and chaos gripping the state," RJD
national vice president Raghuvansh Prasad Singh told reporters
Singh said the agitation would continue till October 12
next year when the elections to the state assembly is due, to
highlight the failures of the state government and seek
people`s support to throw out the NDA government.
"The government`s apathy towards the implementation of
the NREGA, crop insurance schemes for farmers, national
agriculture development project, food security mission,
reining in skyrocketing prices of essential commodities and
tackling drought will be highlighted during the agitation,"
the former Union minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks