State’s first project under PPP in Patna
Patna: Bihar`s first 5.5 km mega bridge
over river Ganga near Bakhtiarpur in Patna would be built
under Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
The mega bridge would be constructed under PPP for which
the Hyderabad-based Hindustan Engineering Syndicate (HES)
consortium has evinced interest, officials said.
"It will be the first mega bridge to be built under the
public private partnership mode... This is historic day and
one example of changing Bihar," Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
said while speaking at a function here.
Kumar said this was just the beginning of private
investment in the road sector. "Please wait for some more
time, many more such offer will come. The bridge over Ganga
will be built on design, build, operated, transfer basis," he
The four lane road bridge between Karjan village on
National Highway-31 at Bakhtiarpur and Tajpur in Samastipur
district on National Highway 28 would be constructed at an
estimated cost of Rs 1502 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan