Stones, chappals thrown at Nitish Kumar during poll rallies
Bihar Sharif: Protesters on Monday threw stones and chappals at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during election rallies in two separate places in Nalanda district.
However, none of the potesters could hit their target.
The protesters at a JD(U) election rally in the Chief Minister`s home turf of Nalanda pelted stones at him protesting against the government`s failure in providing basic amenities like electricity and roads in the area.
No one has been arrested in this connection yet.
Later in Khusrupur, protesters hurled `chappals` at Kumar when he was boarding a helicopter after addressing another rally in favour of party candidate from Patna Sahib seat Gopal Prasad Sinha.
The police have detained one person in this connection.
The Chief Minister described both incidents as a part of "conspiracy" by rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued