Stones, chappals thrown at Nitish Kumar during poll rallies
Bihar Sharif: Protesters on Monday threw stones and chappals at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during election rallies in two separate places in Nalanda district.
However, none of the potesters could hit their target.
The protesters at a JD(U) election rally in the Chief Minister`s home turf of Nalanda pelted stones at him protesting against the government`s failure in providing basic amenities like electricity and roads in the area.
No one has been arrested in this connection yet.
Later in Khusrupur, protesters hurled `chappals` at Kumar when he was boarding a helicopter after addressing another rally in favour of party candidate from Patna Sahib seat Gopal Prasad Sinha.
The police have detained one person in this connection.
The Chief Minister described both incidents as a part of "conspiracy" by rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi