Stones, chappals thrown at Nitish Kumar during poll rallies
Bihar Sharif: Protesters on Monday threw stones and chappals at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during election rallies in two separate places in Nalanda district.
However, none of the potesters could hit their target.
The protesters at a JD(U) election rally in the Chief Minister`s home turf of Nalanda pelted stones at him protesting against the government`s failure in providing basic amenities like electricity and roads in the area.
No one has been arrested in this connection yet.
Later in Khusrupur, protesters hurled `chappals` at Kumar when he was boarding a helicopter after addressing another rally in favour of party candidate from Patna Sahib seat Gopal Prasad Sinha.
The police have detained one person in this connection.
The Chief Minister described both incidents as a part of "conspiracy" by rivals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living