Stop acting as Congress’ agent: JD(U) to Katju
Patna: Hitting out at Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju for alleging that Bihar government is trying to "arm-twist" the press, the ruling JD(U) on Monday said he should stop acting as a Congress agent.
"He (Katju) should uphold the decency of a high constitutional post like that of PCI Chairman and stop behaving like a Congress agent," senior JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha said.
Jha, a close confidant of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said if Katju was not convinced of transformation in Bihar under NDA rule, he should go and have dialogue with nobel laureates like the Dalai Lama, Amartya Sen and Joseph Stiglitz who have appreciated the turnaround in the state.
A PCI team constituted by Katju had accused the Nitish Kumar government of "arm-twisting" the press.
Terming the PCI report as "motivated", Jha said since development works were going on a large scale in Bihar, media is publishing "growth stories and not finding much negative news".
Jha suggested Katju to find out how much time state media like DD and Akashwani are giving to highlight good works of non-Congress governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone