Stop acting as Congress’ agent: JD(U) to Katju
Patna: Hitting out at Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju for alleging that Bihar government is trying to "arm-twist" the press, the ruling JD(U) on Monday said he should stop acting as a Congress agent.
"He (Katju) should uphold the decency of a high constitutional post like that of PCI Chairman and stop behaving like a Congress agent," senior JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha said.
Jha, a close confidant of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said if Katju was not convinced of transformation in Bihar under NDA rule, he should go and have dialogue with nobel laureates like the Dalai Lama, Amartya Sen and Joseph Stiglitz who have appreciated the turnaround in the state.
A PCI team constituted by Katju had accused the Nitish Kumar government of "arm-twisting" the press.
Terming the PCI report as "motivated", Jha said since development works were going on a large scale in Bihar, media is publishing "growth stories and not finding much negative news".
Jha suggested Katju to find out how much time state media like DD and Akashwani are giving to highlight good works of non-Congress governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands