Stop acting as Congress’ agent: JD(U) to Katju
Patna: Hitting out at Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju for alleging that Bihar government is trying to "arm-twist" the press, the ruling JD(U) on Monday said he should stop acting as a Congress agent.
"He (Katju) should uphold the decency of a high constitutional post like that of PCI Chairman and stop behaving like a Congress agent," senior JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha said.
Jha, a close confidant of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said if Katju was not convinced of transformation in Bihar under NDA rule, he should go and have dialogue with nobel laureates like the Dalai Lama, Amartya Sen and Joseph Stiglitz who have appreciated the turnaround in the state.
A PCI team constituted by Katju had accused the Nitish Kumar government of "arm-twisting" the press.
Terming the PCI report as "motivated", Jha said since development works were going on a large scale in Bihar, media is publishing "growth stories and not finding much negative news".
Jha suggested Katju to find out how much time state media like DD and Akashwani are giving to highlight good works of non-Congress governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it