Stop acting as Congress’ agent: JD(U) to Katju
Patna: Hitting out at Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju for alleging that Bihar government is trying to "arm-twist" the press, the ruling JD(U) on Monday said he should stop acting as a Congress agent.
"He (Katju) should uphold the decency of a high constitutional post like that of PCI Chairman and stop behaving like a Congress agent," senior JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha said.
Jha, a close confidant of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said if Katju was not convinced of transformation in Bihar under NDA rule, he should go and have dialogue with nobel laureates like the Dalai Lama, Amartya Sen and Joseph Stiglitz who have appreciated the turnaround in the state.
A PCI team constituted by Katju had accused the Nitish Kumar government of "arm-twisting" the press.
Terming the PCI report as "motivated", Jha said since development works were going on a large scale in Bihar, media is publishing "growth stories and not finding much negative news".
Jha suggested Katju to find out how much time state media like DD and Akashwani are giving to highlight good works of non-Congress governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing