Stormy start to monsoon session of Bihar Assembly
Patna: The week-long monsoon session of the Bihar legislature Friday got off to a stormy start with opposition MLAs protesting against the June 3 police firing at Forbesganj in Araria district that left four persons dead and scores of others injured.
Just before the house met for the day, RJD, Congress and LJP MLAs holding placards held demonstration in the portico of the assembly.
They shouted anti-government slogans and slammed the Nitish Kumar government for its alleged failure to prevent the police firing on innocent people in Forbesganj.
After the protests, the opposition MLAs walked into the House with the placards against the police firing and alleged deterioration in law and order in Bihar.
As soon as Speaker Uday Narain Choudhary concluded his
customary address, the assembly secretary informed the House
that Rajbhavan had returned three bills-- Bihar State School Teacher and Employees Dispute Redressal Bill, Bihar
State University Commission Bill and Bihar State
Administrative Tribuan Bill, but approved the rest 12 bills
passed by the House during the budget session.
State Parliamentary Affairs Minister Vijendra Prasad
Yadav and senior BJP MLA Amrendra Pratap Singh soon on their
feet and urged the Speaker to hold a debate on the role
of Governor, money bill and finance bill in the house.
Opposition leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui, however, objected
to it and said that the ruling party members should have
refrained from raising the issue without the approval of the
the advisory committee of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues