Strike only affects banking services in Bihar
Patna: The 24-hour nationwide strike called
by the labour unions against the `anti-labour` policies of the
Central government had no impact on normal life in Bihar but
bank employees union claimed that it affected functioning of
banks in the state.
Schools, Colleges and government offices were open in the
state. The government offices also reported normal attendance.
Vehicular traffic was normal with buses both government
and private plying normally in the state, official sources
said adding there was also no report of any blockade of
General secretary of bank employees federation of Bihar
R Prasad claimed that the strike paralysed banking services in
Employees owing allegiance to bank employees federation
of Bihar stayed away from work and held demonstrations in
response to the strike.
Bank clearing houses could not function through-out the
state due to strike, he claimed..
At Patna the striking employees organised rallies
before their respective bank gates, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'