Strong Lokayukta Bill in Winter Session: Bihar CM
Patna: Undeterred by criticism of the
draft Lokayukta bill, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday
said his government would bring `a strong` bill in the
forthcoming winter session of the two houses of Bihar
"We have zero tolerance policy against corruption. We
will be bring a strong bill in the winter session for
constitution of the Lokayukta. I don`t thing there will any
room for criticism of our effort," he said.
A three-member ministerial committee head by Deputy
Chief Minister S K Modi was finetuning the draft, Kumar told
reporters after releasing the report card of his government
for the sixth consecutive year here.
He said he had convened an all-party meeting to elicit
opinion from all opposition parties before finanalising the
The chief minister said the details of movable and
immovable properties of his own, ministers, bureaucrats and
public servants had been posted on the government website.
He said that six special courts had been set up under
the Bihar Special Courts Act and Rules for confiscation of
disproportionate assets of public servants.
Kumar said district level flying squads of civil and
police personnel had been constituted and given special
training to deal with corruption cases.
He said that 68 arrests in corruption cases had been
made till October 16.
There were 15 convictions so far with the sentence
being a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a fine of Rs
50,000, Kumar said.
He said from 2006 till 10th September 2011, 699 cases
of corruption had been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)