Strong measures taken against corruption: Bihar CM
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said
the Bihar government have taken a slew of measures to root out
corruption from the state.
A strong Lokayukta will be set up in Bihar bringing
the Chief Minister and the ministers under its purview to
ensure transparency and probity in public life, Kumar told a
visiting 15-member women journalists team under the banner of
the South Asian Women of India (SAWM).
The state government has enacted a special courts act
for speedy trial of the tainted public servants whose
properties will be seized and schools set up there, he said.
The process for setting up schools in the properties
of the convicted corrupt officials has already started and
many more properties will be seized in due course of time,
In addition, he said the declaration of properties and
assets of public servants from the Chief Minister to the Class
III employees have been made mandatory since last year with
provision for their annual update and the information has been
uploaded on the website for scrutiny by the people.
He also apprised the visiting women journalist about
the other measures taken by the state government to provide
good governance and said that the Right to Service Act has
been implemented to provide a time-bound service to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Sky is the limit for investments in India: Arun Jaitley
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Why hot climate fuels aggression, violence
- Dinosaur-era bugs knew how to camouflage
- Mumbai school refuses admission to boy, judge offers to pay fees