Student gang-raped in Bihar, two held
Patna: Two people have been arrested for allegedly abducting and gang-raping a student in a Bihar village, police said on Sunday.
Police said the intermediate student was abducted at gunpoint on Friday in Vasudevpur village in Samastipur district, around 100 km from here, when she was returning home on a bicycle from a coaching class.
"She said the accused threatened to kill her if she raised an alarm and gang-raped her first in a sugarcane field and later at a house," Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said.
The girl fled from their clutches on Saturday afternoon and reached the deputy superintendent of police`s office with her family members.
She has been sent for medical examination.
Police said the two accused -- Surendra Mahto and Virendra Mahto -- are the girl`s neighbours. Surendra is a father of two while Virendra`s wife has deserted him.
Last week, a 12-year-old was gang-raped in a village in Patna district. Police have arrested one of the three accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city