Students block road for non-distribution money for bicycles in Bihar
Kishanganj: Scores of high school students Tuesday blocked NH-31 for several hours in Bihar`s Kishanganj district to protest against non-distribution of money for bicycles to them under the Mukhyamantri Cycle Yojana (MCY), police said.
The students of the Inter high school and national high school blocked the NH-31 for three hours and raised slogans against the state government for not giving them monetary assistance for bicycle under the MCY, the sources said.
The protesting students lifted their blockade after the local officials assured to look into their demands, they said.
Meanwhile, the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)`s district programme officer Kundan Kumar said that the protesting students were found to be ineligible for assistance for bicycle as they had failed to comply with 75 per cent attendence in the classes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'