Students block road for non-distribution money for bicycles in Bihar
Kishanganj: Scores of high school students Tuesday blocked NH-31 for several hours in Bihar`s Kishanganj district to protest against non-distribution of money for bicycles to them under the Mukhyamantri Cycle Yojana (MCY), police said.
The students of the Inter high school and national high school blocked the NH-31 for three hours and raised slogans against the state government for not giving them monetary assistance for bicycle under the MCY, the sources said.
The protesting students lifted their blockade after the local officials assured to look into their demands, they said.
Meanwhile, the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)`s district programme officer Kundan Kumar said that the protesting students were found to be ineligible for assistance for bicycle as they had failed to comply with 75 per cent attendence in the classes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj