Student`s death in Bihar: NHRC notice to DGP
New Delhi: National Human Rights Commission on Monday issued a notice to the Bihar Police chief over allegations that a 12-year-old student was beaten to death by a teacher of a residential school in East Champaran district.
Taking cognisance of a media report, NHRC issue the notice to the DGP and directed him to submit a detailed report within two weeks.
According to the media report, the teacher trashed the boy when a cricket ball hit by him damaged his bicycle. By the time he was taken to a local hospital with grievous injuries, doctors declared him brought dead.
"The victim`s mother claimed that his son often complained that he was beaten up by teachers on one pretext or the other. The media report claims that though an FIR had been lodged against the owner of the school and his son, the accused teacher was yet to be identified," a statement from the NHRC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!