Student`s death in Bihar: NHRC notice to DGP
New Delhi: National Human Rights Commission on Monday issued a notice to the Bihar Police chief over allegations that a 12-year-old student was beaten to death by a teacher of a residential school in East Champaran district.
Taking cognisance of a media report, NHRC issue the notice to the DGP and directed him to submit a detailed report within two weeks.
According to the media report, the teacher trashed the boy when a cricket ball hit by him damaged his bicycle. By the time he was taken to a local hospital with grievous injuries, doctors declared him brought dead.
"The victim`s mother claimed that his son often complained that he was beaten up by teachers on one pretext or the other. The media report claims that though an FIR had been lodged against the owner of the school and his son, the accused teacher was yet to be identified," a statement from the NHRC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march