Student`s murder sparks off massive protest in Patna, one held
Patna: Police Tuesday lathicharged on agitating students here demanding arrest of those unknown assailants who shot dead a student in Bhikhana Pahari area last night.
Rajesh Kumar (21), a student of Patna College, was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Bhikhana Pahari locality last night.
Hostel inmates marched upto the Gandhi Maidan where they burnt tyres near the Kargil chowk demanding arrest of the culprits, sources said.
One person, identified as Manoj, was arrested and seven FIRs lodged against the protesters for rioting, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Amrit Raj said.
Kumar was killed and two others injured after they were trapped in the clash between some inmates of a private hostel and a group of residents of Chaitola area late last night in Bhikhana Pahari locality during which both groups fired at each other.
Additional policemen have been deployed in the Bhikhana Pahari locality, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...