Student`s murder sparks off massive protest, one held in Bihar
Patna: Police on Tuesday lathicharged on agitating students here demanding arrest of those unknown assailants who shot dead a student in Bhikhana Pahari area last night.
Rajesh Kumar (21), a student of Patna College, was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Bhikhana Pahari locality last night.
Hostel inmates marched upto the Gandhi Maidan where they burnt tyres near the Kargil chowk demanding arrest of the culprits, sources said.
One person, identified as Manoj, was arrested and seven FIRs lodged against the protesters for rioting, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Amrit Raj said.
Kumar was killed and two others injured after they were trapped in the clash between some inmates of a private hostel and a group of residents of Chaitola area late last night in Bhikhana Pahari locality during which both groups fired at each other.
Additional policemen have been deployed in the Bhikhana Pahari locality, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video