Students ransack CBSE office in Patna
Patna: Aggrieved students and parents
Tuesday ransacked the regional office of CBSE, to protest
against alleged anomalies in the Class XII examination
They smashed glasses and damaged furniture of the
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Patna regional
They also clashed with the employees and private
Police reached the spot and controlled the situation
after rounding up at least six students.
Acting head of the CBSE Patna Region Office, SU Sorte
said he had already assured the students of sending their
answer sheets to the Board`s New Delhi office for verification
"We will prepare a list of aggrieved students.. and
will send the copies to Delhi for proper verification," he
Sorte said out of the 900 copies sent for re-counting
the marks, error was found approximately only in 20 copies.
"Four to five copies were found in which students were
given about 10 marks less and in seven to eight copies some
students got one or two marks less."
Patna office had received about 2000 applications with
request for re-counting, he added.
A group of students had sat on a day-long fast
yesterday but had called it off after Sorte assured of taking
up the case with the Delhi office of CBSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic