Subsidy of Rs 1000 per acre for farmers in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government on Tuesday sanctioned Rs
88.41 crore for providing subsidy of Rs 1000 per acre to
farmers for promoting production of "onion and potato"
in the Rabi season.
The amount was sanctioned at the state cabinet meet
presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at state
secretariat here, State`s Cabinet Coordination department`s
Principal Secretary Girish Shankar told reporters.
"The special grant for the farmers for promoting the
production of onion and potato during this rabi season has
become necessary as the kharif crops have been badly affected
because of the drought in most parts of the state," Shankar
He said the farming of onion and potato was done on
128220 acre and 755900 acres of land in Bihar and the subsidy
would be made available to all categories of onion and potato
growers through panchayats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price