Summon to ruling JD(U) MLA
Munger: A Bihar court has issued summon to ruling JD(U) MLA of Munger Anant Kumar Satyarthy asking him to appear before the court by December 14, 2011 in connection with a case charging him with fraud and intending to provoke
breach of peace.
First Class Judicial Magistrate Vijay Kishore Singh had on September 25, 2011 asked Satyarthy, who was earlier the party MLA from Kharagpur, to appear before him by December 24, 2011 in connection with the charge under section 406
(punishment for criminal breach of trust) and 420 (fraud), official sources said today.
Ramchandra Yadav, a contractor, had filed a complaint case against Satyarthy accusing him of taking commission of Rs 1.40 lakh from him in Febraury 2007 when he sought job from him under the MLA Local Area Development Fund, they said.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate had ordered the First Class Judicial Magistrate to hold an inquiry and it was during the process of holding the inquiry that the cour took
cognizance of the complaint and issued summon to the lawmaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB