Super 30 demands fresh IIT-JEE, rejects remedial steps
Patna: Super 30, a Bihar-based free coaching centre for the poor, has demanded that the Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) be conducted again following blunders in the Hindi version and has rejected remedial measures proposed by the exam board.
A day after the Joint Admission Board of IIT-JEE devised multi-pronged remedial measures, including scaling up the marks of affected candidates, Anand Kumar, director-cum-founder of Super 30, said the corrective steps was not a fair solution.
"It will be injustice to the affected candidates," Kumar told a news agendy here.
He said that it would severely hamper chances of those who attempted the question paper in Hindi and urged the exam board to conduct a fresh examination.
"I again demand that a fresh examination be held because there is no other solution in view of blunders that can hit the prospects of hundreds of students from Hindi-speaking states," Kumar said.
The entrance exam to the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology was held April 11.
The IIT-JEE board Sunday evolved corrective measures to ensure that genuine candidates were not affected by the errors in the exam. It formulated a point-by-point remedial action and posted the same on the IIT-JEE website.
Kumar, however, said the corrective measures would not help as the errors in the instructions of the Hindi version of the question papers would cost students 48 marks.
He added that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had also demanded a re-conduct of the IIT-JEE 2010 after the errors were detected in the Hindi version of the question paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown