Super 30 demands fresh IIT-JEE, rejects remedial steps
Patna: Super 30, a Bihar-based free coaching centre for the poor, has demanded that the Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) be conducted again following blunders in the Hindi version and has rejected remedial measures proposed by the exam board.
A day after the Joint Admission Board of IIT-JEE devised multi-pronged remedial measures, including scaling up the marks of affected candidates, Anand Kumar, director-cum-founder of Super 30, said the corrective steps was not a fair solution.
"It will be injustice to the affected candidates," Kumar told a news agendy here.
He said that it would severely hamper chances of those who attempted the question paper in Hindi and urged the exam board to conduct a fresh examination.
"I again demand that a fresh examination be held because there is no other solution in view of blunders that can hit the prospects of hundreds of students from Hindi-speaking states," Kumar said.
The entrance exam to the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology was held April 11.
The IIT-JEE board Sunday evolved corrective measures to ensure that genuine candidates were not affected by the errors in the exam. It formulated a point-by-point remedial action and posted the same on the IIT-JEE website.
Kumar, however, said the corrective measures would not help as the errors in the instructions of the Hindi version of the question papers would cost students 48 marks.
He added that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had also demanded a re-conduct of the IIT-JEE 2010 after the errors were detected in the Hindi version of the question paper.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani