Super 30 founder Anand Kumar becomes `People`s Hero`
Mumbai: Anand Kumar, founder of Super 30 institute, which provides free residential coaching to students from underprivileged families for IIT-JEE exams, has found a place in the People magazine as the "People`s Hero."
People magazine of the Time magazine group in its latest Indian edition issue carries a detailed feature on Anand, listing him as a "People`s Hero," a release said.
This is a rare occasion as the magazine, which usually profiles celebrities from films and other fields, has chosen a person who is a teacher by profession.
"Anand has done it on his own, which is remarkable," the magazine has said.
"It feels great to find a place in `People`. It will inspire me to work even harder. I am not a celebrity. I am just an ordinary man, but it is a great gesture from the magazine to find me good enough for this honour," the release quoted Kumar as saying.
"This is a recognition of the students, my teachers and family members, as without them it would not have been possible," he added.
Kumar and his innovative school have been featured in several international magazines and channels in the past.
Time magazine had described Super 30 as the "best of Asia," while Newsweek put it in the category of world`s four innovative schools.
Discovery Channel, which made an hour-long documentary on Kumar and Super 30, had described it as a "revolutionary experiment to bring about social change."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!