Super 30 founder will be conferred `Education Excellence Award`
Patna: Super 30 founder Anand Kumar, whose
initiative helped several students from underprivileged
families make it to the IIT-JEE, will be conferred the
`Education in Excellence Award-2011` in Doha on Friday.
The award is being given by the Bihar Foundation, Doha
chapter and the Indian Association for Bihar and Jharkhand at
a function `Ek Shaam, Bihar ke Naam`, organized by on the
occasion of Bihar’s 100th year, Bihar foundation sources told
Anand has been invited to the programme as a special guest.
Bihar Foundation is a Bihar government initiative, set up in
2008. It has seven chapters across the world.
Organising committee head Shakeel Kakwi said that Anand
Kumar had been consistently raising a ray of hope in the
underprivileged lot and helping them join India?s premiere
"We feel happy to honour Anand, who has undoubtedly become
a role model for the entire world," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!