Super30 founder selected for Bihar`s education award
Patna: Super30 founder and mathematician
Anand Kumar has been selected for Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
Shiksha Puruskar, one of the top awards in recognition of
outstanding contribution in the field of education in Bihar.
Governor Devanand Konwar would give the prize at the
Shiksha Diwas function here tomorrow, official sources said.
Instituted by Bihar government in 2007, the award
carries a citation and Rs 2 lakh.
Anand was selected for the honour for his contribution
in teaching children from underprivileged sections and
preparing them for IIT-JEE at his Super30 school, where the
students get free coaching, lodging and food for nine months.
In the last three years, all the 30 students of
Super30 have made it to IIT-JEE.
Anand, who first started Ramanujam School of
Mathematics in 1992, started Super30 in 2002.
Having experienced poverty in his childhood, he wanted
to do something for the poor and talented children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30