Super30 founder selected for Bihar`s education award
Patna: Super30 founder and mathematician
Anand Kumar has been selected for Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
Shiksha Puruskar, one of the top awards in recognition of
outstanding contribution in the field of education in Bihar.
Governor Devanand Konwar would give the prize at the
Shiksha Diwas function here tomorrow, official sources said.
Instituted by Bihar government in 2007, the award
carries a citation and Rs 2 lakh.
Anand was selected for the honour for his contribution
in teaching children from underprivileged sections and
preparing them for IIT-JEE at his Super30 school, where the
students get free coaching, lodging and food for nine months.
In the last three years, all the 30 students of
Super30 have made it to IIT-JEE.
Anand, who first started Ramanujam School of
Mathematics in 1992, started Super30 in 2002.
Having experienced poverty in his childhood, he wanted
to do something for the poor and talented children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof