Super30 hero Anand Kumar seeks extra chance in JEE like UPSC
Patna: Buoyed by UPSC`s decision to provide additional two chances to aspirants across all categories, mathematician Anand Kumar of Super 30 fame on Tuesday urged for a similar opportunity in examination for qualifying in IITs.
"This shall also be extended to Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)," he said in a statement.
Kumar has been demanding more chances in JEE for students from underprivileged sections in the rural areas, saying they don`t get the advantage of quality schooling and often start their preparations late.
"More opportunities will help reduce the urban-rural divide so that bright students from rural areas come forward," he said.
"It will be injustice to IIT aspirants with just two chances," the mathematician, who has earned laurels across the world for helping students from poor families to crack IIT examination by providing free coaching and lodging, added.
Kumar said he had pleaded for additional chance in JEE exams during his past meetings with Union HRD minister Kapil Sibal and also Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"Now that Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has raised number of chances to six for general category students, nine for OBC candidates and unlimited for SC/ST candidates, it is important for the JEE board to think on similar lines," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27