Super30 students get lessons in moral values
Patna: Considered a nursery for economically backward students to qualify for the prestigious IITs, Super30 is now imparting lessons in moral values.
The institute`s founder Anand Kumar is sensitising the students against dowry and display of wealth in social functions.
"During the marriages of former students who are doing well now after passing out from the IITs, I saw display of wealth. That is why I am teaching the students to shun dowry or display of riches in social functions like marriage ... My ambition is to make them good citizens," Kumar told PTI here.
The efforts have made their mark.
"I will not take dowry," said Pranab, son of a farmer from Samastipur, who is a student at the institute. His classmate Abhishek from Jharkhand echoed similar views.
Super30 has won many accolades from across the globe for its success. Recently University of Tokyo reached an agreement with it to sponsor two of its students.
Set up to help students from Bihar, the institute has expanded its horizon and has selected students from other states like Punjab and Assam through competitive examinations.
Out of 300 students who have studied in Super30, 263 have qualified in various IITs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi