Super30 students get lessons in moral values
Patna: Considered a nursery for economically backward students to qualify for the prestigious IITs, Super30 is now imparting lessons in moral values.
The institute`s founder Anand Kumar is sensitising the students against dowry and display of wealth in social functions.
"During the marriages of former students who are doing well now after passing out from the IITs, I saw display of wealth. That is why I am teaching the students to shun dowry or display of riches in social functions like marriage ... My ambition is to make them good citizens," Kumar told PTI here.
The efforts have made their mark.
"I will not take dowry," said Pranab, son of a farmer from Samastipur, who is a student at the institute. His classmate Abhishek from Jharkhand echoed similar views.
Super30 has won many accolades from across the globe for its success. Recently University of Tokyo reached an agreement with it to sponsor two of its students.
Set up to help students from Bihar, the institute has expanded its horizon and has selected students from other states like Punjab and Assam through competitive examinations.
Out of 300 students who have studied in Super30, 263 have qualified in various IITs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof