Superfast Express leaves four coaches behind in Bihar
Darbhanga: Train movement under Samastipur rail division was hampered for around two hours Friday morning when Darbhanga - New Delhi Sampark Kranti Superfast Express sped ahead leaving four coaches behind at Laheriasarai station in Darbhanga district.
Railway officials said the Delhi-bound train started its journey at 8.35 am from Darbhanga station and reached Laheriasarai at 8.45 am. Four coaches at the rear got unlinked when the train left the place, throwing the railway traffic out of gear.
"The railway officials called the next station Thalwara and 12565 Sampark Kranti was stopped there. The engine was sent back to retrieve the coaches left behind. We are investigating how the incident happened," said Samastipur railway division Public Relations Officer A A Humayun.
The superfast express train could resume its Delhi journey after almost two hours when the coaches left behind were reattached.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!