Superfast Express leaves four coaches behind in Bihar
Darbhanga: Train movement under Samastipur rail division was hampered for around two hours Friday morning when Darbhanga - New Delhi Sampark Kranti Superfast Express sped ahead leaving four coaches behind at Laheriasarai station in Darbhanga district.
Railway officials said the Delhi-bound train started its journey at 8.35 am from Darbhanga station and reached Laheriasarai at 8.45 am. Four coaches at the rear got unlinked when the train left the place, throwing the railway traffic out of gear.
"The railway officials called the next station Thalwara and 12565 Sampark Kranti was stopped there. The engine was sent back to retrieve the coaches left behind. We are investigating how the incident happened," said Samastipur railway division Public Relations Officer A A Humayun.
The superfast express train could resume its Delhi journey after almost two hours when the coaches left behind were reattached.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand