Superfast Express leaves four coaches behind in Bihar
Darbhanga: Train movement under Samastipur rail division was hampered for around two hours Friday morning when Darbhanga - New Delhi Sampark Kranti Superfast Express sped ahead leaving four coaches behind at Laheriasarai station in Darbhanga district.
Railway officials said the Delhi-bound train started its journey at 8.35 am from Darbhanga station and reached Laheriasarai at 8.45 am. Four coaches at the rear got unlinked when the train left the place, throwing the railway traffic out of gear.
"The railway officials called the next station Thalwara and 12565 Sampark Kranti was stopped there. The engine was sent back to retrieve the coaches left behind. We are investigating how the incident happened," said Samastipur railway division Public Relations Officer A A Humayun.
The superfast express train could resume its Delhi journey after almost two hours when the coaches left behind were reattached.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video