Survey in Bihar fire stations
Patna: A survey is underway here by a special team of Union Home Ministry team to see all the 103 fire stations across Bihar to report their condition, facilities available and the improvements needed.
It is being done as a part to strengthen fire services in the country at a cost of Rs 3000 crore, official sources said today.
State Fire Officer Ramesh Chandra said, "The team will finish work in 20-25 days. It has surveyed the fire stations in Patna and the work has been going on in Gaya."
Centre has plans to equip fire services with modern fire fighting and rescue technologies, providing latest vehicles, ladders and other gadgets.
"We are earmarking land for fire stations. We have already got land at Motihari, Raxaul and Biharsharif, where Bihar Police Construction Corporation is going to build fire stations at a cost of Rs 8 crore," Chandra said.
"Similarly, we will get our own fire stations at cost of Rs 9.5 crore at Chapra, Ara, Nawada and Rajgir," he said.
So far, the fire department here has been relying much on the services of the homeguards but now it has decided to recruit 953 firemen, sources said.
A full-fledged fire fighting training centre is being set up in Bihta on the outskirts of the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Heartbreaking! Nobody tried to save my daughter as she bled to death, says Infosys employee's father
- Barack Obama has trouble recalling deaths on 'Game of Thrones'
- Kriti Sanon denies holidaying in Thailand with Sushant Singh Rajput