Survey in Bihar fire stations
Patna: A survey is underway here by a special team of Union Home Ministry team to see all the 103 fire stations across Bihar to report their condition, facilities available and the improvements needed.
It is being done as a part to strengthen fire services in the country at a cost of Rs 3000 crore, official sources said today.
State Fire Officer Ramesh Chandra said, "The team will finish work in 20-25 days. It has surveyed the fire stations in Patna and the work has been going on in Gaya."
Centre has plans to equip fire services with modern fire fighting and rescue technologies, providing latest vehicles, ladders and other gadgets.
"We are earmarking land for fire stations. We have already got land at Motihari, Raxaul and Biharsharif, where Bihar Police Construction Corporation is going to build fire stations at a cost of Rs 8 crore," Chandra said.
"Similarly, we will get our own fire stations at cost of Rs 9.5 crore at Chapra, Ara, Nawada and Rajgir," he said.
So far, the fire department here has been relying much on the services of the homeguards but now it has decided to recruit 953 firemen, sources said.
A full-fledged fire fighting training centre is being set up in Bihta on the outskirts of the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured