Sushil Kumar Modi takes dig at Lalu Prasad
Patna: In a dig at RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday asked the former to explain whether he wanted to bring back the days of underdevelopment in Bihar by seeking to return to power through mobilising public support during the `Parivartan Rally` in the state capital on Wednesday.
"Do you want to bring back `those days` (1990-2005) in Bihar by mustering public support at the `Parivartan Rally` (rally for change) tomorrow?" the senior BJP leader asked.
Stating that the people of Bihar have forgotten the days of horror and moved ahead in their lives by electing the NDA government to power for the second successive term on the agenda of development, Modi lamented that the RJD supremo wanted to turned the clock back and perpetrate miseries on the people by depriving them of fruits of development as was the case during its 15-year rule.
Capping off his months-long tour during which he had drawn impressive crowd during public meetings in the districts, Prasad will address the `Parivartan rally` here tomorrow where he was expected to exhort the people to dethrone the NDA government in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter