Sushil Kumar Modi to resign as GST panel chief
Patna: Former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has decided to quit his post of chairman of the empowered committee of state finance ministers on the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
"I will submit my resignation as the GST panel chief tomorrow," he said. "I will send my resignation to the Centre tomorrow at about 10.00 A.M.," Modi said.
Modi`s announcement came after Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar removed 11 BJP ministers, including Modi, from his council of ministers following the parting of ways with NDA.
The former deputy chief minister had also held the finance portfolio in the NDA government in Bihar. As the GST panel chief, Modi would hold parleys with state finance ministers for implementation of the uniform tax regime.
He had assumed the post after the then GST panel chairman Asim Dasgupta`s CPI(M)-led Left Front bowed out of power in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues