Sushil Kumar Modi to resign as GST panel chief
Patna: Former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has decided to quit his post of chairman of the empowered committee of state finance ministers on the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
"I will submit my resignation as the GST panel chief tomorrow," he said. "I will send my resignation to the Centre tomorrow at about 10.00 A.M.," Modi said.
Modi`s announcement came after Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar removed 11 BJP ministers, including Modi, from his council of ministers following the parting of ways with NDA.
The former deputy chief minister had also held the finance portfolio in the NDA government in Bihar. As the GST panel chief, Modi would hold parleys with state finance ministers for implementation of the uniform tax regime.
He had assumed the post after the then GST panel chairman Asim Dasgupta`s CPI(M)-led Left Front bowed out of power in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics