Sushil Kumar Modi to resign as GST panel chief
Patna: Former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has decided to quit his post of chairman of the empowered committee of state finance ministers on the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
"I will submit my resignation as the GST panel chief tomorrow," he said. "I will send my resignation to the Centre tomorrow at about 10.00 A.M.," Modi said.
Modi`s announcement came after Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar removed 11 BJP ministers, including Modi, from his council of ministers following the parting of ways with NDA.
The former deputy chief minister had also held the finance portfolio in the NDA government in Bihar. As the GST panel chief, Modi would hold parleys with state finance ministers for implementation of the uniform tax regime.
He had assumed the post after the then GST panel chairman Asim Dasgupta`s CPI(M)-led Left Front bowed out of power in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof