Sushil Kumar Modi to resign as GST panel chief
Patna: Former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has decided to quit his post of chairman of the empowered committee of state finance ministers on the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
"I will submit my resignation as the GST panel chief tomorrow," he said. "I will send my resignation to the Centre tomorrow at about 10.00 A.M.," Modi said.
Modi`s announcement came after Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar removed 11 BJP ministers, including Modi, from his council of ministers following the parting of ways with NDA.
The former deputy chief minister had also held the finance portfolio in the NDA government in Bihar. As the GST panel chief, Modi would hold parleys with state finance ministers for implementation of the uniform tax regime.
He had assumed the post after the then GST panel chairman Asim Dasgupta`s CPI(M)-led Left Front bowed out of power in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH