Sushil Kumar Modi to resign as GST panel chief
Patna: Former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has decided to quit his post of chairman of the empowered committee of state finance ministers on the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
"I will submit my resignation as the GST panel chief tomorrow," he said. "I will send my resignation to the Centre tomorrow at about 10.00 A.M.," Modi said.
Modi`s announcement came after Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar removed 11 BJP ministers, including Modi, from his council of ministers following the parting of ways with NDA.
The former deputy chief minister had also held the finance portfolio in the NDA government in Bihar. As the GST panel chief, Modi would hold parleys with state finance ministers for implementation of the uniform tax regime.
He had assumed the post after the then GST panel chairman Asim Dasgupta`s CPI(M)-led Left Front bowed out of power in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena