Sushil Modi begins fast against Bagaha firing, Bodh Gaya blasts
Patna: A senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Monday began a 24-hour fast in the state capital to protest against the police firing in Bagaha and the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya "due to security lapses".
Accompanied by Bihar BJP president Mangal Pandey and other leaders, Modi began his fast outside the Sri Krishna Memorial hall near Gandhi Maidan police station.
Speaking on the occasion, he lambasted the state government for police firing in Bagaha in which six Tharu tribal people were killed last month.
He also accused the government of adopting "insensitive attitude" towards the victims by failing to provide Rs ten lakh compensation to kins of victim as demanded by the BJP.
Modi, who was the deputy chief minister in the Nitish Kumar government for over seven years before JD(U) parted ways with the BJP-led NDA over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s elevation as the BJP`s poll campaign panel chief, also assailed the state government for its failure to prevent the terror attack in Bodh Gaya on Sunday.
Had the state government paid heed to the intelligence tip off and enhanced security at the Mahabodhi temple and adjoining areas, Sunday`s serials blasts in the temple town could have been prevented, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row