Sushil Modi blames Centre for step motherly treatment to Bihar
Katihar: Blaming the Centre for `step
motherly` treatment to Bihar, its Deputy Chief Minister S K
Modi on Friday said it had deprived the state of the special
package required for tackling the floods and drought
``Prime Minister Manmohan Singh made an aerial survey of
the devastation caused by Kosi river last year and declared it
as a national calamity, but he maintained silence over the
state`s demand for special package after giving Rs 1000 crore
against the demand of Rs 14,800 crore,`` Modi, who was here to
attend an official function, told reporters here.
``This year, the state government submitted a memorandum
to the Centre seeking a package of Rs 23,000 crore to tackle
the drought problems, but the Centre has failed to allocate a
single penny on this head,`` he charged.
Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government at the
Centre was discriminating against the state, Modi said its
decision not to help the state in its critical hour reflected
``malafide in intentions.``
Bihar was not against the Rs 7266 crore central package
for Bundelkhand ``But it is highly unjust and condemnable if
the centre is overlooking Bihar`s genuine call for
assistance,`` he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video