Sushil Modi blames Centre for step motherly treatment to Bihar
Katihar: Blaming the Centre for `step
motherly` treatment to Bihar, its Deputy Chief Minister S K
Modi on Friday said it had deprived the state of the special
package required for tackling the floods and drought
``Prime Minister Manmohan Singh made an aerial survey of
the devastation caused by Kosi river last year and declared it
as a national calamity, but he maintained silence over the
state`s demand for special package after giving Rs 1000 crore
against the demand of Rs 14,800 crore,`` Modi, who was here to
attend an official function, told reporters here.
``This year, the state government submitted a memorandum
to the Centre seeking a package of Rs 23,000 crore to tackle
the drought problems, but the Centre has failed to allocate a
single penny on this head,`` he charged.
Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government at the
Centre was discriminating against the state, Modi said its
decision not to help the state in its critical hour reflected
``malafide in intentions.``
Bihar was not against the Rs 7266 crore central package
for Bundelkhand ``But it is highly unjust and condemnable if
the centre is overlooking Bihar`s genuine call for
assistance,`` he added.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Find out: What Sunrisers Hyderabad's Yuvraj Singh is doing before his first IPL 9 game
- Sleeping trouble? Now, sleep like a baby with Banana tea!
- Pakistan is raising a security force to protect Chinese nationals
- Govt targets Rs 64,580 cr revenue in FY17 from spectrum sale
- Seven Indian shuttlers set to qualify for Rio Olympics