Sushil Modi claims Independents,Cong distancing from Nitish
Patna: Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday raised questions about support of Independents and Congress to Nitish Kumar government and compared the situation in Bihar with that prevailing in Delhi where no party has the numbers.
Sushil Modi told reporters in the Legislative Council that the four Independents who voted for the Nitish Kumar government were absent from the Legislature party meeting of the ruling party at chief minister`s residence last night.
One of them Somprakash Singh addressed a protest meeting of Home guards and even gave an adjournment notice on the issue in the State Assembly.
He claimed that according to his information the four Independents have given an ultimatum to the CM that if the Cabinet expansion is not carried by December 19 they would review support to the government.
The BJP leader said that the CM`s assertions that results in four states showed an anti-Congress wave in the country indicates his growing distance with the party.
The 118-member JD(U) government in the 238-member Bihar House survived confidence vote after split in NDA due to support of four Independents, as many Congress members and a CPI MLA.
Sushil Modi, who was Deputy Chief Minister before the split, said that Kumar`s anti-Congress statement proves that he was approving the campaign against that party by BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
On agitation of faculty and students of Magadh Mahila college over blocking its front side entrance road due to construction of a convention hall on the lines of Delhi`s "Vigyan Bhawan", the BJP leader asked the CM not to make the matter a prestige issue.
He denied BJP "provoking" agitation and urged the CM instead to pay attention for welfare of the college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!