Sushil Modi condemns blasts, flays govt
Gaya: Senior BJP leader Sushil Modi condemned the terror attack on the world famous Mahabodhi temple and adjoining areas in Bodh Gaya on Sunday and assailed both central and state governments for their failure to provide adequate security to the Buddhist shrine.
"We condemn the terror attack on Mahabodhi temple and adjoining areas in no uncertain terms and thank God that there were no casualties in the serial blasts," he told reporters after visiting the blast sites.
The former Bihar deputy chief minister claimed that no measures were taken to prevent the attack despite intelligence tip off and said the Centre and the state governments cannot escape the responsibility for the nine low-intensity serial blasts.
"We have information that the intelligence and NIA officials had tipped off the state government about the likelihood of a terror attack on the Buddhist shrines in Bodh Gaya and held a meeting with the state officials to review the security situation at the terror targets.
"Yet no concrete steps were taken by the state government to improve the security deployment at the Buddhist temple town which led to the serial blasts this morning," he claimed.
Modi said there should be no politics on the terror attack and the state and central governments should immediately sit together and put in place elaborate security measures for the temple town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!