Sushil Modi demands sacking of all "white elephants" advisors to Bihar govt
Patna: Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday termed all Bihar government advisors as "white elephants" and asked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to sack them.
"All advisors to the Bihar government are white elephants...They are not doing anything worthwhile but some of them have been found to be flexing muscle to obstruct development works," he alleged.
A white elephants refers to a possession whose cost is out of proportion of its usefulness.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of 'Janata Durbar' at his official residence, Sushil said the chief minister should sack all the advisors to the state government at once as none of them were making meaningful contributions to development works.
The Nitish Kumar government has three prominent advisors, namely Prashant Kishore who advises the Chief Minister on policies and programme implementation; P K Rai, Energy Advisor to the Chief Minister and retired IAS official Sudhir Kumar, an advisor to Road Construction Department headed by Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Prasad Yadav, the younger son of the RJD supremo Lalu Prasad.
Modi claimed that Kishore had not bothered to come to Bihar in the past five months and thus one could make an appraisal about his contributions in advisory role.
"It is due to Kumar's adamant attitude to brazen it out with the Railway Ministry on grant of sanction for six ROBs that the construction of 90 ROBs in Vaishali and Saran districts has not started over the past 18 months," the former Deputy Chief Minister alleged.
Demanding immediate intervention of the chief minister to ensure speedy construction of the ROBs, he said the construction would boost connectivity in the two districts and beyond.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!