Sushil Modi hails Narendra Modi`s anointment as PM candidate
Patna: Senior Bihar BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Friday hailed the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s anointment as the party`s prime ministerial candidate for the next general elections and thanked the central leadership for honouring sentiments of the people of India.
"The BJP has honoured sentiments of the people of India by nominating Modi as the party`s PM candidate," the former Bihar deputy chief minister tweeted immediately after the national president Rajnath Singh made the announcement in New Delhi.
Describing Narendra Modi`s anointment as the BJP`s prime minister candidate as a popular choice, the former Deputy Chief Minister tweeted to say that the BJP workers, sympathizers and common man have elected their PM candidate for 2014.
"Narendra Modi is not only the NDA`s PM candidate, but has become the people`s candidate for the PM`s post," he said in another tweet.
The senior BJP leader described Modi`s selection as the party`s prime ministerial candidate as akin to the American presidential system where the primary members of the Republican and Democratic parties elected their presidential candidate through primaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi