Sushil Modi hits out at Shinde for `Hindu terrorism` remarks
Patna:Terming Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s remarks as "irresponsible" and "baseless" that BJP and RSS promoted Hindu terrorism, BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi today said it has only strengthened the hands of Pakistan and terrorist groups operating from across the border.
Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) chief Hafiz Saeed has lapped up Shinde`s "false" charge against the Sangh Parivar and harped on it to justify terror activities against India, the Bihar Deputy Chief Minister said.
Regretting that the remarks were made at the Congress conclave in the presence of top party leaders, he dared Shinde to prove his charges, failing which Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should sack him immediately for making the "baseless and irresponsible" claims against the Sangh Parivar.
An effigy of the UPA government would also be burnt in Bihar on January 24 to protest against Shinde`s remarks, he said.
Meanwhile to a media query, Modi, who holds the finance portfolio, said Bihar government will present a gender budget for 2013-14 during the upcoming budget session to highlight the development and welfare issues of women.
On the expected plan size for 2013-14, he said it would be more than Rs 28,000 crore approved by the Planning Commission in the last fiscal.
Almost 60 per cent of the Rs 78,000 crore sanctioned in the current budget has been spent by December last year and the remainder would be utilised over the next three months, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur