Sushil Modi made BJP leader in Bihar Legislative Council
New Delhi: BJP Parliamentary Board on Tuesday appointed former Bihar
deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi as leader of the party in the Legislative Council and Nand Kishore Yadav as the head of the party in the state Assembly.
Yadav will be the Leader of the Opposition in state Assembly as BJP is now the main opposition after JD(U) snapped ties with it.
He was the road and highways minister in the JD(U)-BJP government led by Nitish Kumar.
JD(U) walked out of the NDA on June 16 on the issue of appointment of Narendra Modi as head of BJP Election Campaign Committee.
Sushil Modi will be the chief of the BJP Vidhan Mandal (comprising of all party legislators from both the Houses).
BJP sources said members of the Parliamentary Board, party`s highest decision-making body, were consulted on phone by the central leadership on this issue and their consent taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH